Happy New Year everyone!
I mentioned this on the show a couple days ago and wanted to post it on my blog for anyone who’s still unsure about whether or not to make a resolution for the new year. These are actually do-able resolutions courtesy of therapists, and I found it inspiring for myself.
- Say no more often — Be aware of yourself and notice how certain people’s expectations make you feel. If it’s stressful, stop living for other people and think of yourself for a change!
- Prioritize sleep — ’nuff said…
- Start journaling — I’ve been doing this for the past week! I’ve been pretty inconsistent about writing in journals in the past, but I downloaded a really helpful diary app you can get on your smart phone, it’s called Day One. If you’re like me, maybe give that a try because its awesome and you can even add pictures and audio files (which transcribe to text)! The best part is, whenever you feel like it, you can get em to print your writing and photos into a book and send it to you.
- Change how you talk about things — Change things like ‘I Should’ to ‘I’d like to’, etc. Just be nicer to yourself and don’t pile up expectations. We’re all our worse critics.
- Make more time for self-care — Me-time is important too, especially if you’re a parent! Sometimes you forget to do things just for you 🙂
- Set a daily intention — It makes your more mindful throughout your day.
- Learn something new — No expectations, just learn! Enjoy the process.
You can check out the full article here.
Follow me on social media!