and one of them is NOT “Baby, It’s Cold Outside”.
Kevin Coffey from the World-Herald has put together a list of Christmas songs that probably, really SHOULD be banned [source].
1. “The Night Santa Went Crazy,” Weird Al Yankovic
Santa has something of a mental breakdown and destroys the North Pole, holding hostages and murdering the reindeer.
2. “Do They Know It’s Christmas,” Band Aid While it was well-intentioned, the entire song is patronizing. There is, in fact, snow in Africa. (It’s a massive continent with all kinds of climates.) And the line “Well tonight thank God it’s them/Instead of you”? Real nice.
3. “Merry (Expletive) Christmas,” Mr. Garrison (from “South Park”) Back in the day, “South Park” released a lot of albums. ‘nough said.
4. “(Expletive) Christmas,” Eric Idle Those Christmas traditions you know and love? This member of Monty Python has a choice expletive for every single one of them.
5. “Coming For Christmas,” TVX Babes If you think “Back Door Santa” is bad, I have something for you. Performed by the stars of adult channel Television X, this song has double entendrés on top of double entendrés — Quadruple entendrés?!
How about Grandma Got Run-over by a Reindeer?