Rachel Platten is starting to work on a new album.
“I did my first session last week…It felt like this faucet got turned on and I can’t believe I haven’t been letting that part of me out. I’m excited to start creating again. It’s like oxygen to me.”
Rachel Platten Facts:
- Birth name: Rachel Ashley Platten
- Born: May 20, 1981 (age 35), New York City
- Mom and Dad – Paul and Pam
- Instruments: Vocals piano, guitar, keyboards
- First Album: Trust In Me (2003) *no top 40 singles
- Second Album: Be Here (2011) *one single (1,000 Ships), no top 40.
- Third Album: Wildfire (2015)
- First Hit: Fight Song (2015), from her third album Wildfire
Her Short Story:
Born in NYC, no famous parents, plays piano at 5, sings in choir at school, interned at record label, sings in a cover band (21yrs), released a demo album in 2003 (22), toured, worked, toured, worked, released second album in 2011 (30), latest album in 2015 (34).
Fight Song Facts:
- She performed a duet of this song with Taylor Swift during Taylor’s 1989 World Tour in Philadelphia on June 13, 2015.
- On August 16, 2015, she performed the song at the 2015 Teen Choice Awards in Los Angeles.
- She has just released an acoustic version of “Fight Song” to raise money for the victims of the Orlando shootings.
She has had two Top 40 hits so far… Fight Song and Stand By You…