The Oscars are on Sunday at 5:30pm. More details on The Oscars website.
Here are the Oscars by the numbers… (facts about the event, thanks to our friends at WalletHub!)
1. Leonardo DiCaprio received his sixth Oscar nomination, but hasn’t won once.
2. At 25 years old, Jennifer Lawrence is the youngest person to land four acting nominations.
3. The Martian is the most profitable movie nominated for Best Picture. It made a profit of $161 million.
4. This year’s “Swag Bags” have $220,000 worth of goodies, a 30%increase from last year. It includes a 10-day VIP trip to Israel, a 15-day private walking tour of Japan, and more strange items!
5. Winners have 45 seconds for their acceptance speech.
6. 1,000 limited-edition magnums of Piper-Heidsieck champagne were made for the event.
7. It costs advertisers $1.8-$2.2 million to run a 30-secondcommercial during the telecast.
8. The Oscars will be televised live in 225 countries.
9. The estimated value of the 24-karat gold-plated Oscar statuette is$680.
10. The red carpet is 16,500-square-feet and costs about $30,000.
11. Steven Spielberg films hold the record for most nominations with 128.
12. Titanic and All About Eve hold the most Oscar nominations for a single film with 14.
13. Meryl Streep holds the record for most nominations among actresses with 19.
14. Jack Nicholson holds the record for the most nominations among actors with 12.
The Oscars are handed out Sunday night.