So, Ed Sheeran is already working on the follow-up to Divide album. Here’s the bad news: he’s been working on it for six years already, and we probably won’t hear it until three years from now.
“It will potentially come later, because it’s been about six years in the making and it might be another three or four. So I might put other stuff out before then, just to have something out.”
As for this “other stuff” – he says he’s interested in working with DJ Khaled, as well as .. [maybe].. Bieber.
“I’m always, always up for working with Bieber,” — “…when he wants to start making another album, I’d love to be involved. I’ve got some ideas. I think he’s really talented. And his head’s screwed on properly now.”
No word on if the new album will be called Subtract — to go along with his Plus, Multiply and Divide.
When Ed’s 3rd album “divide” came out back in March it entered the Billboard album chart at #1, it also broke a few Spotify records:
- The highest number of first-day streams for an album
- Spotify’s most-streamed artist over the course of a single day
Divide has had three official singles so far:
Castle on The Hill, Shape Of You (released in January) and Galway Girl (released March 17)
Other Ed Facts:
Middle name: Christopher
Weight: 181 lbs
Pants: 36×32 or 36×30
Show size: 7.5
He’s also an actor!
He is set to guest star on an episode of Game of Thrones July 16.
Ed’s acting career:
- Playing himself in Bridget’s Jones’s Baby
- Sir Cormac in The Bastard Executioner (TV series) 5 episodes
- “The driver” in a short in 2012 called “Watchtower”
- Played himself in Taylor Swift’s Everything Has Changed (Video short)
- Also, played himself on an episode of Undateable in 2015
- He gets a credit for writing an episode of Coronation Street, because they featured the song “Love Yourself” in an episode last year
- Also preformed on 3 episodes of The Vampire Diaries (TV Series) in 2012
Remember when Galway Girl was Galway Gril?
Amateur tattoo artist, Oscar nominated actress and the star of Ed Sheeran’s video for “Galway Girl” (Saoirse Ronan) was handed a tattoo gun by Ed Sheeran and asked to pen “Galway Girl” on his body. He ended up with “Galway Grill”. [Source / Image source]
“It actually says Galway Grill. G-R-I-L-L. She really took the piss out of me – full on.”
— “I haven’t actually told anyone that yet. I’m actually quite proud of her. It’s the kind of thing I would do.”
ed got a galway girl tattoo and it actually says ‘galway grill’ :)) pic.twitter.com/yQ0jUSJZVY
— amy ÷ (@leg0_h0use) April 16, 2017
Oh, and remember this?