From an interview with i-D, Here’s what to do if you ever meet Lorde on the street…
“If you do see me in the street, tell me how you felt about something that I made” — “Because it literally blows my mind every time.”
“It’s always my favorite thing when people come up to me and tell me a specific story about a song or an album and their relationship to it.”
Lorde’s new album, Melodrama, featuring the single “Green Light,” will be released June 16th.
Remember that story from last week about Lorde making a smoothie run?
During a smoothie run at a Liquiteria in NYC, Lorde met a cashier who was a fan of hers and she later extended a personal invite to attend the Governors Ball music festival, on her, via a Twitter DM.
— Ayesha mangú (@ThatEmely) May 29, 2017
— Twitter Moments (@TwitterMoments) May 31, 2017
- Real name: Ella Marija Lani Yelich-O’Connor
- Born: November 7, 1996 (age 20), Takapuna, New Zealand
- Height: 5’4
- Lorde chose her stage name because she was fascinated with “royals and aristocracy”. However, she felt the name Lord was too masculine, thus she added an “e” to make it more feminine.
- She has earned two Grammy Awards, a Brit Award and ten New Zealand Music Awards.
- On 13 May 2015, a wax figure of Lorde was introduced to the Madame Tussauds Hollywood.
- Her first major release, The Love Club EP, was released commercially in March 2013.
- In mid-2013, Lorde released her debut single “Royals”. It became an international hit and made Lorde the youngest solo artist (and the only New Zealander) to achieve a US number-one single on the Billboard Hot 100 since 1987. [source]
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
Follow us: @UselessDaily on Twitter
Royals (Pure Heroine) 2013
Tennis Court (Pure Heroine)
Team (Pure Heroine)
Yellow Flicker Beat (The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Pt. 1) 2014
Green Light (Melodrama) 2017