Starting this week on The River you’ll hear new music from Miley Cyrus and Ed Sheeran.
MILEY CYRUS –> MALIBU
– ‘Malibu’ is the lead single from Miley’s upcoming 6th album, which is set for release in October.
– The Song is a love song about her fiancé, Liam Hemsworth.
– Miley wrote the song on the way to a taping of The Voice.
“I drive myself everywhere, but that day I decided to Uber,” — “I was trying not to sing out loud because someone else was in the car.”
– The song has drawn comparisons between Miley and Sheryl Crow
– Miley described the song as being about “finding a new love with an old love”.
Random Miley Facts:
- Born: November 23 1992 (24)
- Real name: Destiny Hope Cyrus.
- In 2008 she legally changed her name to Miley.
- Her nickname as a baby was Smiley – which is where her name Miley came from.
- She is left handed, but writes with her right hand.
- Her dad is country legend Billy Ray Cyrus
- She became Hannah Montana in 2004 (13)
- MTV named her Artist of The Year in 2013
ED SHEERAN –> CASTLE ON THE HILL
– One of the lead singles from his 3rd studio album ‘Divide’.
– The song is about his younger years, growing up in the English countryside town of Framlingham, Suffolk.
– The New York Times says this song has U2 influenced sound.
– “Castle on the Hill” was written and produced by Ed Sheeran and Benny Blanco, the same duo that is responsible for Ed’s song ‘Don’t’.
Random Ed Facts:
- Middle name: Christopher
- Height: 5’8
- Weight: 181 lbs
- Pants: 36×32 or 36×30
- Show size: 7.5
- Sign: Aquarius
Additional Ed Facts:
Ed Sheeran will guest star on an episode of Game of Thrones this summer.
Ed’s acting career:
- Playing himself in Bridget’s Jones’s Baby
- Sir Cormac in The Bastard Executioner (TV series) 5 episodes
- “The driver” in a short in 2012 called “Watchtower”
- Played himself in Taylor Swift’s Everything Has Changed (Video short)
- Also, played himself on an episode of Undateable in 2015
- He gets a credit for writing an episode of Coronation Street, because they featured the song “Love Yourself” in an episode last year
- Also preformed on 3 episodes of The Vampire Diaries (TV Series) in 2012