What has Taylor Swift been up to these days?
First: What are her “people” up to:
- Over a period of two days, on Feb. 15 and 16, a Nashville-based company called TAS Rights Management, LLC filed nine separate trademarks for the word “Swifties”
- One trademark seems to indicate the direction in which Swift will be taking the Swifties brand: computer software for mobile devices, which can be used for streaming and downloading audio
- Another covers non-downloadable live music concerts, interviews, audio recordings, videos, articles and blogs, in addition to “Fan club services”
So, is Taylor Swift going to be getting into the streaming business? Or maybe the app business?
- One notable application was for “educational services” including “classes, conferences, coaching, lectures, camps, retreats, seminars, educational summits, workshops, self-guided classes and self-guided online courses of instruction”
A Taylor Swift songwriting camp?
Though she hasn’t announced anything – – here are some signs a new album might be on the way (sooner rather than later):
- Swift hasn’t stopped producing music, she has never been one to stay idle (example: “I Don’t Wanna Live Forever”)
- Her only live performance of 2017 was in February (Super Bowl) where she said “As far as I know I’m only doing one show in 2017, and as far as I know, this is that show”
- Her good pal Ed Sheeran thinks she might release something around Christmas. “Taylor [Swift] isn’t going to be releasing until probably the end of this year—Christmas is the smartest time to release because that’s when everyone buys records” -Ed
- In the past, October is her album drop month of choice. Four out of five of her past studio albums came out in October.
- Swift has ready material. She often writes about her personal relationships and she’s had a few things going on since over the last year.
- She’s been publicly supportive of other artists this year. She’s given shout-outs to Zayn, Lorde, Ed Sheeran, Little Big Town and Kings of Leon.
- It’s way past time! Up to now, she’s been releasing like clock-work – full album once every two years since 2006, so there should’ve been one in 2016.
Other Taylor Stuff from the Fact File:
- Name: Taylor Alison Swift
- Born: December 13, 1989 (Sagittarius) (27)
- Height: 5’11
- Weight: 119 lbs
- Family: Dad – Scott, Mom – Andrea, Brother – Austin
- Eyes: Blue
- Shoes: 8.5
- First Album: Taylor Swift (2006)
- First Movie: Hannah Montana:The Movie (2009)
- Awards: 19 AMA’s, 23 Billboard Music Awards, an Emmy, 10 Grammys, 5 Guinness World Records, 12 MTV Awards, (*Note: She’s been nominated for 4 Junos, but has never won a Juno)
- Little Known: Three tries to get her driver’s licence