You’ve probably heard by now that Mariah Carey and James Packer have called off their engagement! Why did they breakup? James’ people had a draft prenup written up for Mariah to sign, Mariah’s people rejected it calling it “tacky and insulting”. Take a look for yourself…
- “Except for gifts between them for their engagement, wedding or on birthdays and anniversaries, no item of jewelry and/or personal adornment costing over $250,000 will be deemed a gift unless accompanied by, or promptly followed by, a writing specifically stating ‘This is my gift to you.”
- James Packer agreed to buy clothing for Mariah but the clothing was not to be used for business or performing and “Mariah shall provide all clothing for her children.”
- “James shall cause a credit card(s) to be issued for use by Mariah and staff … the amount of expenses … shall not exceed US $____ per calendar month.”
- “James shall provide the use of one private aircraft, of his selection, for Mariah’s personal use, or that of her children and nannies only when James, in his sole discretion, determines it is appropriate to do so.”
- “James will pay Mariah, and Mariah shall accept, $6 million dollars per year for each full year of marriage, up to a maximum of $30 million …
well… that’s love.