After making history on Monday with 13 American Music Awards nominations, Drake now leads the 2016 Soul Train Awards nominee list, with 12 nominations – Beyoncé follows with 8. The awards are handed out November 27th.
Also, Drake’s “Virginia Black” whiskey is selling well. Sellers in Ontario report “VB” set a single day sales record – selling 1,779 in one day (at $39.95 each).
Not sure why, but John Mayer will not appear at the Prince tribute show in St. Paul, Minnesota, today. A publicist for the venue, told the press on Tuesday that Mayer is “unable to attend,” without elaborating.
A local newspaper, is also reporting that another scheduled performer, Christina Aguilera, may drop out, too, due to illness.
Today, Amazon unveils its long-rumored on-demand music streaming service – Amazon Music Unlimited. The new service costs $7.99 per month for Amazon Prime members, but Prime subscribers who prepay their subscription for a year pay $79 ($6.58 per month). Amazon Music Unlimited is promising users unlimited access to “tens of millions” of songs. **If you have an Amazon Echo device, you can access Amazon Music for only $4/mnth!
In case you missed it… our Throwback Thursday Track from this morning…
- It was first recorded (and released) Robert Hazard in 1979.
- Robert Hazard also wrote the song.
- The hit version was covered by this female performer in 1983 despite the fact the song was written from a man’s perspective.
- Her version got her a Grammy nomination for song of the year and performance of the year and a Grammy win for best new artist the next year. She also won the MTV Award for best video of the year.
- The song is on everybody’s ‘top songs of the 80’s’ lists
Here’s HIS version…
Here’s our TBT Track…