Tips for finding a summer job.
Macleans.ca had an article with some tips for summer job seekers, you can read the whole article here. Here are just a few of the tips from the article — and a few tips of my own.
1. Crack the hidden job market
Use your network (parents, friends, relatives). Most jobs aren’t advertised.
2. Head West! (Or North. Or East.)
If you live in a university town, you’re going to have intense competition for the best summer jobs.
3. It’s quality no quantity when it comes to applications
The cover letter is the only chance we get stand out from the pile. Write a separate / personalized cover letter for each job application.
4. Clean up after yourself online
Untag unflattering photos, watch what you Tweet and get a grown-up email address.
5. Oh ya — and don’t be late!
Being late for the interview will get you crossed off the list 90% of the time.
Any other tips? Comment below…