UFC star Ronda Rousey responds to getting a shout-out from Demi Lovato in one of her new songs – – she was honored.
— Ronda Rousey (@RondaRousey) October 20, 2015
The video for Kelly Clarkson’s duet with X Factor UK winner Ben Haenow has arrived.
Okay, sorry for this. On Neil Patrick Harris’s Best Time Ever, Reba McEntire does a country cover of Taylor Swift’s ‘I Knew You Were Trouble’…
Singers who originally got their start as back-up singers…
• Katy Perry: When she still went by her birth name of Katy Hudson, she sang backup for P.O.D. and appeared in one of the band’s 2006 music videos (“Goodbye for Now”).
• Mariah Carey: Sang backup and also worked as a dancer for Brenda Starr in the late ’80s.
• Gwen Stefani: It may be hard to believe now, but she was originally a backup singer in No Doubt. When the original lead singer, John Spence, committed suicide in 1987, she took his place.
• Elton John: His band, Bluesology, provided backup vocals and instrumentation for artists including Patti LaBelle and the Isley Brothers.
• Sheryl Crow: She started out singing backup for Michael Jackson, Stevie Wonder, and Don Henley.
• Pink: She got her start singing backup in Philadelphia clubs as a teenager.
• Whitney Houston: She was a backup singer for Chaka Khan and Lou Rawls.
• Cher: You can hear her singing backup on the Ronettes’ “Be My Baby” and the Righteous Brothers’ “You’ve Lost That Lovin’ Feelin’.”