To save you the trouble of Googling this again, this year…
Roasting times are for a preheated 325 degrees F. oven. (Sidenote: 325 seems too low for me. I usually go to 350)
|Approximate Roasting Times for Stuffed Turkey|
|6 to 8 pounds||3 to 3-1/2 hours|
|8 to 12 pounds||3-1/2 to 4-1/2 hours|
|12 to 16 pounds||4-1/2 to 5-1/2 hours|
|16 to 20 pounds||5-1/2 to 6 hours|
|20 to 24 pounds||6 to 6-1/2 hours|
|Approximate Roasting Times for Unstuffed Turkey|
|6 to 8 pounds||2-1/2 to 3 hours|
|8 to 12 pounds||3 to 4 hours|
|12 to 16 pounds||4 to 5 hours|
|16 to 20 pounds||5 to 5-1/2 hours|
|20 to 24 pounds||5-1/2 to 6 hours|
While you’re waiting for the bird to cook, here are some really bad Thanksgiving jokes…
- Knock, knock. Who’s there? Arthur. Arthur who? Arthur any leftovers?
- Knock, knock. Who’s there? Dewey. Dewey who? Dewey have to wait long to eat?
- Q: What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter? A: Pumpkin pi.
- Q: Why do pilgrims pants keep falling down? A: Because their belt buckles are on their hats!
- What did the mama turkey say to her naughty son? If your papa could see you now, he’d turn over in his gravy!
- Knock Knock. Who’s there? Tamara. Tamara who? Tamara we’ll have turkey leftovers!
- How can you make a turkey flot? You need 2 scoops of ice cream, some root beer, and a turkey.
- How does Luke Skywalker like to eat his turkey dinner? He uses the fork.